We will always treasure these blankets, because they have been providing security and warmth for the boys since the day they were born. These tiny, beautiful blankets are just wonderful.This morning, little Leo's feet were cold, so his nurse put a pair of booties on him. The booties were also made by a Project Linus volunteer. It is nearly impossible to find preemie-sized socks in stores, and these tiny booties are a perfect fit for his little feet. Here's a picture of Leo's new booties (and a pair of nerd pants).
If you are a Project Linus volunteer who just happened to stumble across this blog, thank you from the bottom of my heart. The tiny little blankets, hats and booties that you knit are absolutely wonderful.Both babies are doing well today. Drake is continuing to improve with nippling. He is doing so well today that his night nurse is going to attempt to bottle feed him at every feeding tonight. This is a HUGE step in the right direction, that puts Drake much closer to coming home.
The nurses are still holding off on bottle feeding little Leo, because he had stopped gaining weight when he was burning up calories suckling from a bottle. They will try again in a few days, after he has gained a bit more mass. Leo is getting closer and closer to being completely weaned from oxygen every day. His cannula was flowing approximately 25% oxygen today, so hopefully he will be down to ambient oxygen within a few days.
The boys had their weekly measurements last night. Both boys grew about 0.5 centimeters in length over the last week, and both boys' head circumference increased by 1 centimeter. Drake is now 44 cm (17.3 inches) long, and Leo is 40 cm (15.75 inches) long.
I had a nice treat today, I was able to spend some time holding both boys. I constantly dream of the day when I'll be able to hold them for hours on end.
2 comments:
You are a beautiful mother, Karol. What a sweet picture you make with your boys.
I LOVE the booties on Leo and his nerdy pants.
I can see that they've grown so much since I've seen them.
Thank you for updating this blog so regularly. It really is the high point of my day.
Karol--
This is your Auntie Jane in CO!! I talked to Mom and Dad and they gave me your blog address... I've had such fun reading your blog entries and so glad you can keep everyone updated this way...and have such a nice record for your darling boys. Oh, they are so precious! Love the picture of you holding them. Will look forward to reading future posts to see them getting bigger and stronger...Wishing you all the best from snowy CO!!
Post a Comment