
I spent about 1.5 hours doing kangaroo care with Leo today, after a feeding. Leo absolutely loved it! When he was first placed on my chest, he looked around the room and wiggled for about 2 minutes before falling into a very deep sleep. He slept for the remainder of the time that I was kangarooing him. It was absolutely wonderful to spend such a long time with the little guy, especially because he is too delicate to be held for very long without the skin to skin contact that kangarooing provides. When I laid him back in his crib after our kangaroo time, his blood oxygen saturation level, heart rate, and respiration rate were much more steady than they had been all day, and he continued to sleep very soundly. Deep sleep is very important for preemies, because they grow only during periods of deep sleep.
Speaking of which, Leo had a big weight gain day yesterday. He now weighs 3lb 7 oz, which puts him at a pound over his birth weight! Congratulations little guy! You have worked hard to gain that weight, and we are very proud of you.
Drake spent time with his Nana and Grandpa today. In typical Drake fashion, he was sound asleep for most of the visit, though he did make plenty of sweet, little meerkat noises.
Drake lost a very small amount of weight yesterday, which is not at all surprising since he had gained 3 ounces day before. Drake weighed 4 lb 15.9 oz at last night's weigh in.
4 comments:
Drake, Matt and I hung out watching the Colts game. Drake remarked at the strength of the Raider defense. Good eye on that kid.
Thanks Karol and Matt for putting up with us for as long as you did. We know we're adding complexity to your lives when we're up there, so we really appreciate the time we get with the grandkids. Leo looks great, and Drake is a solid little guy now.
Love you guys.
I see from the picture where Yoga gets its Baby Pose.
Kangaroo Care sounds marvelous. Thank you for the link. I bet the two of you just want to hold those boys all day and all night.
Matt & Karol,
I've been keeping track of the boys' progress since you started the blog but this is the first time I've posted on it. My favorite pictures are the ones that include both boys with their heads bent in the same direction. It is amazing to see certain behaviors and traits developing already! We send our hugs and kisses to all four of you!
Allison & Rudy
All that's missing from this blog are more current photos of Mom with her sons!!
Post a Comment