The pediatrician weighed the boys, to ensure that they are growing well. Leo weighed a whopping 5lb 7oz, and Drake weighed exactly 7lb. The boys are getting so big! Leo gained 12 ounces in 14 days, while Drake gained 13 ounces. They should be gaining between 0.5-1 ounce a day, so they are right on track.
Here is a picture of the boys after their appointment on Wednesday. They were both very tired, hungry, and sore from the shots. But they were still very sweet! Kung fu Leo is missing a sock because he also had blood drawn from a little heel prick.

Today (Friday), Leo had an appointment with the retina specialist. He had Stage I ROP in one eye, and the other eye had some retinopathy, but it was less severe than it was two weeks ago. I believe that it is still considered Stage I because there is some bleeding on his retina, but it is very good news that it is improving. He will be seeing the doctor in three weeks, and chances are that his ROP will be fully resolved by then. Hooray!
Matt went in to work late today, to help me get Leo ready for his appointment and to watch Drake while Leo and I were gone. Sweet Matt dressed the babies while I was in the shower. The mismatched socks are my favorite part of Leo's outfit, with the gigantic nerd pants a close second:
Check out Leo's double chin!! The little guy has worked very hard to grow that chub.Drake doesn't seem to care that his brother is a little, tiny nerd, but Leo thinks he is pretty funny.

4 comments:
Poor Leo! I can't believe the pants didn't fall off on the ground when you picked him up. How precious. Matt is such a great daddy - I don't think I've ever seen a daddy as good with his little babes as Matt is, despite the huge pants and mismatched socks. Besides, maybe it was deliberate, he's practicing dressing like Uncle Freddy, just needs to let the pants hang halfway off his diaper.
This are sweet, sweet, pictures, and I'm hankering to see them!!!
And I just noticed that in the first picture in their dark blue outfits, Drake is saying "here Nana, kiss me right here on the cheek!" And Leo's saying "give me a smooch on my neck today Nana!"
These pictures are wonderful, and it's good to hear the news.
Karla, I happen to be quite fluent in preemie-twinese, and what those boys are really saying is: "Aunt Marci, we want to snuggle, please come snuggle with us!!!"
If you're curious about what they've been saying in any of the other pictures, feel free to ask. I'm happy to translate any time.
I'm going to have to break out the old thesaurus - how many words ate there for cute!Oh,my!
Post a Comment