Saturday, January 5, 2008

They are Getting Round

Both boys are turning into little chunky monkeys! Drake just gets more and more round every day, and Leo is not far behind. It is absolutely amazing to see little dimples, rolls and crevices on these little guys because they were so tiny and skinny when they were born.

Here are a few pictures of Leo taken today:

Awake and Hungry Leo


Sleepy and Full Leo

And here is a picture of chubalub Drake, trying desperately to not fall asleep:

Leo's ad-lib on-demand feeding is going well, as he has not had a gavage feed in a couple of days. Unfortunately, he is still having about 10 desaturation spells a day, and the hospital will not discharge him until he completely stops having these spells. He needs to stop having the spells because his family misses him! At tonight's weigh-in, little Leo was 4 lb 9.6 oz.

Drake is getting bigger every day, but he misses his brother.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a difference a week makes. Great shots. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures. Thank you for posting them and for the updates.

I can see chub on BOTH the boys.


Karol and Matt, I can hardly wait until you are all four at home, the family completely nested. Lots of prayers for that to happen soon!

Anonymous said...

I can now definitively say that Drake and Leo are the world's most beautiful and cuddly babies.I am so happy I was able to see and hold them.It's really almost better when someone else is holding them because then you can drink in their faces and constantly changing expressions.I know they will look so different the next time I see them I have to memorize every little thing.
Matt and Karol the love and devotion in your faces when you hold them brought me to the verge
of tears.I so pray you will all be home together soon.

Anonymous said...

My gosh they've come sooo far! I cannot believe how alert they are (in their few waking moments) since they are just now "full term." They are the sweetest, cutest, cuddliest babies. Leo - we are keeping our fingers crossed that you'll join your little family unit before the weekend. Drake misses you, and so do we all!

Anonymous said...

Please let me know when would be most helpful for my visit this weekend, and whether I can bring you guys anything!! :)