Monday, January 21, 2008

Nana Must Brag...

Drake David and Leo Thomas really are the most adorable cuties. The day Leo's NICU departure was sprung upon his wonderful parents, I was asked to come watch Drake... it took a lot of persuading - but, of course, I was there within record driving time! I held and snuggled Drakey, and Penney, Otis, and I helped greet little Leo on his arrival. What a precious moment in time!

First, here is a picture from very early in December, Karol is kangarooing Leo. See his tiny little arm? He has come a long, long way (but, I digress).

My primary reason for this post was to share a few photos I snapped from the night Leo arrived home, and that following morning. So, while these are a couple of weeks old, thought ya'll would enjoy. Above, Mommy (My baby!!!) is holding both boys, basking in the wonder of finally having both boys home, her little family complete. This was taken late evening, Leo's first night home. Although Drake is very drowsy, you can see he's trying to check out his long lost bro.

Here they are enjoying some crib time...Leo industriously sucking his thumb, Drake getting a little shut-eye.

....and within a few minutes, they moved a little closer together.


Having watched Karol and Matt for some time now, first with Drake, and now balancing the needs of both boys, I am very proud to say that they are great parents. These little boys came home to an abundance of love and the best nurturing around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karla, thank you for these photos and for reporting the experience. The boys really are precious, two of the most precious babies I've ever seen.

BTW, I can really see Mom in the first photo of Karol (and I've never really thought she bore any resemblance to her grandmother).

I want to add that it's a pleasure watching Karol and Matt with their sons. I'm honored to witness their family taking shape.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these Momma. Want to squeeze them!!

(Liz says these are the best photos posted so far!!)

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Karol and the boys,basking in her motherly glow.What a wonderful night that must have been.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures, Nana!
I love the ones of the two of them being held. Matt and Karol are really exceptional people to have handled all of this so well.