Until last night, it has been very, very difficult having two babies at home. One or both of us was up nearly all night every night, attending to a hungry or fussy baby.
Yesterday, I got online to find a new way to swaddle the babies. I was looking for a way to swaddle the two of them in one blanket, so they would keep each other warm at night. Instead, I found something better!
Another twin mom with a blog posted step-by-step instructions (with pictures) for wrapping a baby in an uber swaddle. Forget uber, this is the miracle swaddle!! We wrapped the babies up according to her instructions, and both babies slept in 3.5 hour stretches last night! We put them down at 8pm, and then they were hungry at midnight, 4 am and 8am. Finally, we have a well-rested family. The world is good today.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad it helped you! Twin moms have to stick together and help each other out. :-) Good luck with your boys, and congrats on having them both home!
You know you're a parent when you really begin to appreciate sleep. Our kids have caused many sleepless nights. Still do. :-)
Glad the 4 of you are kicking back.
Hooray for the uber swaddle!
Be glad you can put the boys in little straight jackets now, because later when they get bigger it will be against the law. Ha ha ha!
Seriously, what a great find. There is no substitute for good sleep.
Sweet Sleep ............
The swaddle gives new meaning to good night, sleep tight. Oh, I love snuggling! Good luck. I hope it works out for you'll so your babies are well rested. Kiss their cute cheeks for me.
Aunt Vickie
Post a Comment