Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

We had a lovely day today. It started at 5:30am, when a hungry Leo woke up singing in his crib. The four of us wandered into the living room, where we discovered all kinds of goodies that Santa left for the boys. Leo is wearing green in all of today's photos.



The stockings were a huge hit!



And some of the toys were utter mysteries.



Drake is never shy about the camera



While Leo was desperate to know just how that crazy wooden cage toy works.



Then we headed to Nana and Grandpa's house, along with Uncle FredHead and Aunt KenaBena, where we had brunch and exchanged gifts.



Brunch was lovely, and the boys loved all of the attention from their adoring fans.

Then we came home and Drake and Leo took a long winter's nap. When the boys awoke, Grammy and Poppy were here! We exchanged gifts with Grammy and Poppy, and the boys had a rollickin' good time playing with Grammy, Poppy and all of their new toys!



And yes, Leo spent a good portion of the day figuring....



At the end of the day, the boys and I curled up on the couch to read Goodnight Moon. I read to Drake first, then Leo.



I read Goodnight Moon to the boys for the first time on Christmas last year, except last year I read to Drake at home, then drove to the hospital where I read to Leo during kangaroo care.

Today was a wonderful, fun and warm day, despite the drizzling rain and the chill in the air. We spent the day surrounded by the people we love the most. We couldn't have asked for a better Christmas!

No comments: