Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Look What We Can Do!




The boys, Aunt Marci and I visited a local toy store today. We found a very neat toy at the store! The new toy helped the boys realize that they can sit unassisted! The boys have been very close to sitting for well over a month now, but they had been leaning back and toppling over when they felt off balance. They started leaning forward to reach the new toy as soon as I took it out of the package this afternoon. The rest is history! In the previous photo, Drake is sitting and Leo is resting behind him, worn out after a long day of practicing sitting. Leo can sit too, but we weren't able to take a photo of it today.

Here's a photo of Drake's sweet baby back, tall and proud:



In other news, yesterday Leo "crawled" for the first time! He pulled his little knees under his belly and launched himself with his legs. The movement propelled him backwards, but we're expecting him to be crawling for real within a very short amount of time. Drake copied his brother this morning and started scooting around on his belly. Oh my! We are going to be very busy parents very soon! I promise that I'll post a video of their funny little crawls as soon as I'm able to record it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little man Drake is, and look at his great posture!

I can hardly wait to see the videos of their new crawl technique.

Anonymous said...

He is a heartbreaker. PLease post one of Leo doing same. Such good looking dudes. I miss them, hope to see you this afternoon or tomorrow. Love, Nana