Thursday, June 5, 2008

I found hidden treasures!

I was playing with our video camera this afternoon, and I found an absolute treasure hidden on a DVD that I thought was blank.

Matt shot this video on January 8, 2008, also known as Leo Day. Just a few minutes before Matt picked up the camera, I walked into the NICU to a huge surprise. Leo had been moved to the crib closest to the door, because the doctors had just decided that he was ready to go home! So I frantically called Matt to tell him the news, and I asked him to try to figure out how to use the video camera so we could record a movie of Leo's journey home. Here is the first video shot on our camera:




And here is the video of Leo's journey home. And don't worry - I have since mastered the car seat!




For yet another trip down memory lane, our first ultrasound was one year ago yesterday. Here is an image from that scan:


This is my favorite part of the picture (copied and magnified):


Wrongo bongo, Doctor!

The boys had an appointment with a pediatric ophthalmologist this week. Preemies are prone to a whole host of eye problems, including lazy eye, crossed eyes, nystagmus, strabismus, and a few other issues. Both boys have escaped preemiehood with absolutely no eye problems, and all traces of ROP have disappeared from Leo's retinas. With some black magic, the doctor was able to determine that the boys are a bit farsighted. The farsightedness is most likely due to genetics instead of their premature birth, and it is very likely that they will never need glasses for it. So the news couldn't have been better. These babies are incredible little people.

I took the following photos on 6/4/08, just after the boys' eye doctor appointment. Drake's outfit has red shoulders while Leo's has dark blue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious! Little 6 pound Draky and 4 pound Leo!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Look at the massive arm chub on Leo now compared to the teensie Tiny Tears he was in January!!! And Drake is ever the charmer!