Thursday, March 20, 2008

Magic Trick

Sometimes the boys get stuck in awake mode, despite being very tired and needing sleep. About 3 weeks ago, we discovered a magic trick that always lures them to sleep within a few minutes, regardless of how much they are fighting off the zzzs. We have been warned by our pediatrician, all the nurses in the NICU and all of the NICU doctors to never, ever let the boys sleep on their tummies, because the risk of SIDS is greatly increased when a baby sleeps on his tummy. However, our magic trick is to lay the babies on their bellies until they fall asleep, then flip them onto their backs as soon as they conk out.

This morning, the boys woke up at 4am. Matt got up to feed them and play with them like he does every morning, allowing me to sleep for a couple more hours. Well, this morning, Matt woke me at 6:30 am, desperate because he couldn't get the babies back to sleep. I laid them side-by-side on their tummies, and the little monsters were sound asleep within two minutes.



While it looks like their jammies are too big, they really aren't. The guys pull their feet up to their bellies in their sleep, leaving the jammy legs empty.

After they were asleep, I flipped them over.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sweet, sleeping angels they are. I can tell by how they're holding their arms that they really want aunt marci to come snuggle them.

Kellie said...

I've been waiting for a new picture! Hi cute boys!

Brandi said...

I swear these boys just get cuter and cuter every day! :)