Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Birthday Party

While I had planned on posting about the big birthday party on Monday, fate had different plans for us. The boys and I have been fighting a nasty cold since the Friday before their birthday, and poor Leo ended up with a massive double ear infection. So neither Matt nor I have had any time to play with the blog. The boys are snugly tucked into bed right now, with some Motrin in their bellies, so I finally have a chance to share photos of their party with all of you.

Unfortunately, the boys were a bit under the weather on their birthday, so they had red noses and cheeks and they weren't as giggly and smiley as normal. But they still had a lot of fun.

Here's Leo, decked out in his party duds, read for the fun to start:

And Drake, ready for the wild rumpus:

The shindig started with some cuddle/play time on the couch.







We eventually got around to the most serious business of the day: singing Happy Birthday to the boys and eating cake. I am holding Leo in the next photo and Matt is holding Drake.





At first, Leo thought we were up to no good when we tried to feed him cake, but he did like chewing on that party hat!






The cake made Drake a bit nervous too:






But once the boys took their first taste of the cake, they loved it! Here is Leo enjoying his cake:




And here's Leo feeling a little bit caked out.


And here is Drake digging into his cake:

Drake taking a little break from the cake:


And Drake feeling a bit caked out:


Then the boys opened presents. Everybody was incredibly generous! These boys are very lucky to have so many people who love them. I'm holding Leo in all of the photos, and Drake moved around quite a bit.















As the party came to a close, the boys tried out their new table and took their new wagon for a spin down the street.






Matt and I would like to send a big THANK YOU to everybody who came to our little birthday celebration. We all had a great time!

And lastly, here are their 12 month pictures with the triceratops. My, have they grown! Leo is closest to the arm of the sofa in all of these photos.




You can see previous monthly pictures by clicking on these links: (11 months, 10 months, 9 months, 8 months, 7 months).

No comments: